Full-Stack Software Engineer (Entry-level, Ruby)
Nuuvem.com is one of the largest digital distribution platforms in Latin America. We are moving into becoming an universal platform to buy, discuss and interact about games globally.
For this opening you don't need to have a lot of experience with developing webapps or with Ruby (we have a different job opening for experienced developers here).
You will be joining a team of highly skilled web and game industry enthusiasts building solutions in an agile and passionate environment. Team work is essential, as well as being a knowledge seeker and self-sufficient when needed.
This job opportunity is valid for either remote work anywhere in Brazil or in our Rio de Janeiro head quarters.
- Design, develop and test new features for the platform.
- Help researches and experiments when dealing with new and challenging requirements.
- Help improve the current codebase by quickly fixing bugs and refactoring problematic code when needed.
- Write unit and integration tests for new features and bug fixes.
- You have working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- You're passionate about technology (and games!).
- You can understand business requirements and translate them into technical definitions.
- You can make powerful questions — from this, we will (re)define user stories, acceptance criteria, specification. Always questioning (without losing focus).
- You're a big picture viewer and obsessed with (relevant) details.
- You're also results/delivery driven and a problem solver.
- You love to write beautiful code!
OUR BELIEFS (hope yours too!)
- Pair programming is always good (even on me and myself scenario).
- Quality and quantity are in a balance — we must find this equilibrium.
- Great product is about a great experience and value delivered.
- Listening is more important than saying. Showing is better than telling.
- Self-sufficient Linux or macOS user and does not fear the Terminal;
- Some Ruby on Rails background, or in other similar frameworks or languages (like Python / Django, or Node / Express)
- Familiarity with automated tests (unit and integration), TDD/BDD, Git, code reviewing, continuous integration, and development/test environments;
- Basic PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and/or Redis knowledge;
- Basic understanding on how Amazon Web Services works.
Are you ready to play with us? Press START!