Full-Stack Developer (Ruby)
Nuuvem.com is one of the largest digital distribution platforms in Latin America. We are moving into becoming a universal platform to buy, discuss and interact about games globally.
You will be joining a team of highly skilled web and game industry enthusiasts building solutions in an agile and passionate environment. Teamwork is essential, as well as being a knowledge seeker and self-sufficient when needed.
You need to be obsessed with delivering high-quality pieces of code quickly, envisioning any feature as part of the platform's full value,
without losing your focus on getting things done. Security and performance must be your top-level priorities.
This job opportunity is valid for both remote work anywhere in Brazil or face-to-face work (post-pandemic) at our headquarters in Rio de Janeiro.
- Design, develop and test new features for the platform.
- Lead researches and experiments when dealing with new and challenging requirements.
- Maintain and improve the current codebase by quickly fixing bugs and refactoring problematic code when needed.
- Write unit and integration tests for new features and bug fixes.
- You have working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- You're passionate about technology (and games!).
- You can understand business requirements and translate them into technical definitions.
- You can make powerful questions — from this, we will (re)define user stories, acceptance criteria, specifications. Always questioning (without losing focus).
- You're a big picture viewer and obsessed with (relevant) details.
- You're also results/delivery driven and a problem solver.
- You love to write beautiful code!
OUR BELIEFS (hope yours too!)
- Pair programming is always good (even on me and myself scenario).
- Code without good automated test coverage is not done (and it's unprofessional);
Anything that can be automated, should be automated;
- Quality and quantity are in a balance — we must find this equilibrium.
- A great product is about a great experience and value delivered.
- Listening is more important than saying. Showing is better than telling.
- Self-sufficient Linux or macOS user and does not fear the Terminal;
- Strong Ruby on Rails background (3+ years) with TDD/BDD (unit and integration), Git, code reviewing, continuous integration, and development/test environments;
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis knowledge;
- Experience building and consuming APIs and maintaining microservices-based apps;
- Some experience with other programming languages like Python, Node.js, Scala, Go;
- Proficient in written English and at least good working knowledge of spoken English.
- Knows a little bit about Puppet and Capistrano.
- Basic understanding on how Amazon Web Services works.
📍 Hiring Model and Compensation
PJ and the salary range varies between R$ 6,500.00 and R$ 12,000.00 monthly according to the level of experience.
- Health and Dental Care Plans (AMIL);
- Game of the Month (one game per month to call yours available on our platform);
- 10 20% OFF Coupons to spend on our platform per year;
- Semiannual Balance for professional and educational courses;
In addition to the corporate benefits, we offer an extremely
collaborative environment, with high transparency, flexible hours, and
Are you ready to play with us? Press START!