Front-End Engineer (React, Node.js)
Nuuvem.com is one of the largest digital distribution platforms in Latin America. We are moving into becoming an universal platform to buy, discuss and interact about games globally.
We are looking for a Front-End Engineer focused on React — as desirable Node.js or Ruby on Rails expertise for backend tasks — to create a new way to mix and deliver value to our users. You will be joining a team of highly skilled web (and game industry) enthusiasts building applications in an agile environment. We are currently developing for web, but looking to soon deliver it for tablets and mobile (responsive at first, native as final release).
You must be focused on delivering quickly and stable, looking for code reuses and collaborative decisions, envisioning any feature as part of the product's full value. Team work is essential, as well as being a knowledge seeker and obsessed with an incredible release.
More than getting it to work, you need to be passionate to deliver a great user experience — beyond interface delivery, we believe that any interaction is one additional step to acquire and retain users in our experience. Meaning before making — and make it fast and fluid.
- You have working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- You're passionate about technology (and games!).
- You can understand business requirements and translate them into technical definitions.
- You can make powerful questions — from this, we will (re)define user stories, acceptance criteria, specification. Always questioning (without losing focus).
- You're a big picture viewer and obsessed with (relevant) details.
- You're also results/delivery driven and a problem solver.
- You love to write beautiful code!
OUR BELIEFS (hope yours too!)
- Pair programming is always good (even on me and myself scenario).
- Quality and quantity are in a balance — we must find this equilibrium.
- Great product is about a great experience and value delivered.
- Listening is more important than saying. Showing is better than telling.
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript (ES2015 or later).
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
- Developing new user-facing features using workflows (such as Flux or Redux).
- Experienced with one or more test frameworks. Testing on apps as a plus.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, Grunt, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Git as code versioning tool.
Are you ready to play with us? Press START!